Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 7 : Wiki Wiki

Finally something within learning 2.0 besides Flickr that I was familiar with...Wiki Wiki! I've come across them when I've been looking for information for a trivia night, and Wiki's have been fantastic.

So what else did I learn from the Wiki Learning 2.0 info.

  • Wiki comes from the Hawaiian language and means fast or quick.
  • The booklovers wiki is a great idea - this would be perfect for putting the library bookgroup discussion folders onto.
  • A wiki would also be perfect for a procedures manual - all the unicorn updates and system procedures could be posted, although we'd definitely want to go down the route of having it run on its own server so that the data wasn't vandalised.
  • Also I love the Commoncraft demo videos - so clear and easy to understand...very clever.

Added my blog to the PBWiki - ahhh that was easy ;-)

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Hope you're enjoying the program.
keep up the good work

Lynette